Why Our Pub is Great
The Oyster Bed is a warm and welcoming pub you can pop into for a pint of real ale or share a restaurant-quality meal with family. Come inside and relax in a pub that looks and feels like a stylish modern living space. Bowls, vases, ornaments, and books sit on shelves. Soft lighting, intimate booths, and comfortable chairs give us a relaxed and informal look and feel. There are traditional touches too. Like wooden beams, exposed brickwork, and a real log fire. On warm days, sit on the patio or dine in the beer garden while the children explore our play areas. There’s an indoor zone for the under 5s, and older children will enjoy sliding, climbing, and running round our outdoor play area.
Rotisserie chicken is our forte. Enjoy finely seasoned and gently roasted chicken multiple ways. Searching for places to eat in Whitstable with plenty of choice for vegetarians? For those who don’t eat meat, we have a selection of interesting dishes full of colour and flavour.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus